Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iMessage - messages arriving in wrong order

Hi, just realized that during conversations on iMessage the ordering is not correct. When I ask question and sb reply to it quickly, the answer is being displayed before my question in conversation. Anybody have the same issue and know any resolution ?

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 18, 2017 6:58 AM in response to Streetspy In response to Streetspy

Hi Streetspy,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I see that your iMessage contacts appear out of order. Let's look into this together.

First, make sure your iPhone has been updated to the latest iOS version -- Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue persists after updating, the following information may help isolate the issue further:

1. Does this happen with multiple iMessage conversations?

2. Do you have Date & Time set to Automatic under Settings > General > Date & Time?

3. Do you see a red exclamation mark or "Not Delivered" alert under any of the messages you send?

Cheers.

Dec 19, 2017 6:55 PM in response to Streetspy In response to Streetspy

Count me in too, same issue, ios 11.2.1 Only happens when the conversation is going back and forth in real time. I have sent a message and the person has replied to that message, yet the reply is shown before my message in the message string, an odd bug. Let's hope an update sorts this quickly.

Dec 23, 2017 12:50 AM in response to Streetspy In response to Streetspy

I am having the same problems. Wrong order on multiple chats, with ios 11.2.1 on both ipad and iphone.

If I close the imessage app and open it again, the messages are sorted back to normal in the correct order. So it happens only, when people reply in a current conversation.

I hope, an update will fix it soon.

Dec 18, 2017 11:32 AM in response to brenden dv In response to brenden dv

Hi Brenden,

thanks for checking this with me.

I have to answer 3 x YES. This happens in multiple conversation, with many users and only when response is quick. My time/date are set to automatic and there is no red exclamation mark nor any warning of undelivered message.

Does anybody have further ideas?

Cheers!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 18, 2017 6:58 AM in response to Streetspy In response to Streetspy

Hi Streetspy,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I see that your iMessage contacts appear out of order. Let's look into this together.

First, make sure your iPhone has been updated to the latest iOS version -- Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue persists after updating, the following information may help isolate the issue further:

1. Does this happen with multiple iMessage conversations?

2. Do you have Date & Time set to Automatic under Settings > General > Date & Time?

3. Do you see a red exclamation mark or "Not Delivered" alert under any of the messages you send?

Cheers.

Dec 18, 2017 6:58 AM

Reply Helpful (29)

Dec 18, 2017 11:32 AM in response to brenden dv In response to brenden dv

Hi Brenden,

thanks for checking this with me.

I have to answer 3 x YES. This happens in multiple conversation, with many users and only when response is quick. My time/date are set to automatic and there is no red exclamation mark nor any warning of undelivered message.

Does anybody have further ideas?

Cheers!

Dec 18, 2017 11:32 AM

Reply Helpful (9)

Dec 19, 2017 5:26 PM in response to Streetspy In response to Streetspy

I am seeing the same issue as well. Just started happening a few days ago. I wonder if it is caused by the latest iOS update, which I (drumroll) just installed a few days ago.

So I am in the same boat as Streespy; Latest OS, same date settings, happens in multiple conversations, no exclamations.

Dec 19, 2017 5:26 PM

Reply Helpful (2)

Dec 19, 2017 6:55 PM in response to Streetspy In response to Streetspy

Count me in too, same issue, ios 11.2.1 Only happens when the conversation is going back and forth in real time. I have sent a message and the person has replied to that message, yet the reply is shown before my message in the message string, an odd bug. Let's hope an update sorts this quickly.

Dec 19, 2017 6:55 PM

Reply Helpful (25)

Dec 23, 2017 12:50 AM in response to Streetspy In response to Streetspy

I am having the same problems. Wrong order on multiple chats, with ios 11.2.1 on both ipad and iphone.

If I close the imessage app and open it again, the messages are sorted back to normal in the correct order. So it happens only, when people reply in a current conversation.

I hope, an update will fix it soon.

Dec 23, 2017 12:50 AM

Reply Helpful (16)

Dec 25, 2017 5:01 AM in response to Streetspy In response to Streetspy

I had this exact same problem, but I think I may just have figured out a solution. I went into Settings - Messages and then turned off iMessage, restarted my phone, and turned it back on. Seems to have solved it (at least for now)!

Dec 25, 2017 5:01 AM

Reply Helpful (14)
User profile for user: Streetspy

Question: iMessage - messages arriving in wrong order