Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: IMessage/Text Messages Out Of Order

Ever Since I updated to iOS 11.2.1 my messages do not show in correct order Ive tried restart manually setting time and 24hr time. Nothing seems to fix this issue driving me nuts constantly missing text because overlooking. They are showing as if they were received before other messages. Common Apple your killing me how can I keep speaking so highly of you when lately you've been letting me down.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 22, 2018 12:40 PM in response to gevgor In response to gevgor

The update didn’t help mine either. It seemed to for the first 2 days. Now I’m back to out of order messages. I’m ready to give up and get the new Samsung! I’ve always loved my IPhones but this is driving me nuts!! This issue and the side ways screen issue.

Jan 2, 2018 8:42 AM in response to MagnusAReid In response to MagnusAReid

I just got off the phone with Advanced Support from Apple and Now have mine working.

If you go into Settings > General > Date & Time > Turn off Set Automatically for about 10-15 seconds and turn it back on.

I did this and have now tested it with a new message thread as well as an exiting message thread with two people that I have had the problem with and it is now working correctly.

Dec 28, 2017 2:10 AM in response to MagnusAReid In response to MagnusAReid

Hello,

I had same issue. And i solved it easy:

• Press and hold the Home button.
  • While holding the Home button, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
  • Continue holding both buttons for about 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

It will restart your phone. All messages will show correctly.

Dec 25, 2017 2:28 PM in response to cmk1101 In response to cmk1101

No unfortunately nothing I have tried has worked. Driving me insane hopefully they fix this vwith next update. I believe its related to the seconds in the tome settings in the code. It seems that if it is a message recieved within same minute they get placed together but seconds arent written in.

Dec 29, 2017 6:08 PM in response to panchososa694 In response to panchososa694

This can't be a carrier issue as this issue is spread across several carriers. I live in a household who uses both AT&T and Verizon and we all are experiencing this.

WiFi connection makes no difference. Apps, software, soft resets have all been done and verified.

Person A sends text message - shows as delivered.

Person B responds. Within 1-3 minutes

Shows as;

Person B

Person A

Having worked for Verizon for 6 years, seeing copious mysterious problems and diagnoses, this issue by its characteristics cannot be any of the networks at fault.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 25, 2017 2:28 PM in response to cmk1101 In response to cmk1101

No unfortunately nothing I have tried has worked. Driving me insane hopefully they fix this vwith next update. I believe its related to the seconds in the tome settings in the code. It seems that if it is a message recieved within same minute they get placed together but seconds arent written in.

Dec 25, 2017 2:28 PM

Reply Helpful (21)

Dec 28, 2017 2:10 AM in response to MagnusAReid In response to MagnusAReid

Hello,

I had same issue. And i solved it easy:

• Press and hold the Home button.
  • While holding the Home button, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
  • Continue holding both buttons for about 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

It will restart your phone. All messages will show correctly.

Dec 28, 2017 2:10 AM

Reply Helpful (22)

Dec 29, 2017 6:08 PM in response to panchososa694 In response to panchososa694

This can't be a carrier issue as this issue is spread across several carriers. I live in a household who uses both AT&T and Verizon and we all are experiencing this.

WiFi connection makes no difference. Apps, software, soft resets have all been done and verified.

Person A sends text message - shows as delivered.

Person B responds. Within 1-3 minutes

Shows as;

Person B

Person A

Having worked for Verizon for 6 years, seeing copious mysterious problems and diagnoses, this issue by its characteristics cannot be any of the networks at fault.

Dec 29, 2017 6:08 PM

Reply Helpful (14)

Dec 29, 2017 9:41 PM in response to Oamid In response to Oamid

I held the home button for 3 secs then pushed the button on the right upper side at the same time I was pushing the home button until the phone shut off and the Apple icon came on. Then I let go of both buttons and the phone rebooted itself and it’s been fixed ever since.

Dec 29, 2017 9:41 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: MagnusAReid

Question: IMessage/Text Messages Out Of Order