Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Page Formatting Workaround for OneNote 2016 Mac

I'm using Mac: 10.11.6 (15G18013), OneNote for Mac 16.9

There is no page formatting or page template support on OneNote 2016 Mac or the online version. I've used the Windows version and the page formatting is a necessary blessing that works very well.

My Question: What is the community doing for workarounds until Msoft fixes the disconnect?

My main problem with the shortfall is that I can't provide legible hard copies of the documents I've created in the freeform space of the OneNote Note. However, the main reason I'm using OneNote in the first place is because of the highly flexible freeform space. My OneNote pages can be printed OK, but the content is actual size. There are no guidelines on the OneNote page I'm creating. And so when it prints the note out, if my content spills over the right printed page margin, I end up with printed pages that would need to be taped together to make any sense. While I can have the page formatting and templates in the Windows version I use at work, I don't have access at home or on the road. But enough about my problem.

Here's a workaround flow that I've discovered helps me. Maybe someone else can benefit and expand.

• From a blank OneNote page; File > Save As PDF, pay attention to where it is saved
  • Create a new blank OneNote Page; Insert > PDF Printout, select the pdf file from previous step
  • This will put a copy of the pdf on the note. A blank page with visible margins.
  • Left Click on the pdf printout > Right Click "Save Picture As Background"
  • You now have a visible template onto which you can place objects - text, images, etc.
  • I've checked on my mobiles - ios & android, and it looks OK
  • Seems like one could do this to create other templates - but I don't have a solution for a multipage

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Jan 27, 2018 6:52 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Page Formatting Workaround for OneNote 2016 Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.