Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X 10.4: added automation features and crashing?

Hi all, it looks like there are some cool added automation features, but confusing at times. Is there a link on how to use them?

I see there's a selection in the drop-down track header configuration menu on each track (right-click in the track's track header field) that says "consolidate relative and absolute [whichever automation function you're using] automation." I was having trouble at first with automation functions changing around by using my normal "previous version" clicks, but have discovered that if you click this "consolidate relative and absolute...." the automation functions work like previous Logic Pro.

One of the problems I'm having with the new automation: say you're working with volume automation, when you solo the track to hear the changes on the isolated track (something I do constantly) the track automation suddenly switches to show the "soloed" function and you have to click "volume" again to get the volume automation back into view. Quite distracting, I feel.

Also, Logic has intermittently crashed a couple times when I merely clicked this new "consolidate relative...automation." The entire program just disappears?? The "auto-save" is a life-saver when this happens.

Anyone else with these problems? Any fix?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), null

Posted on Jan 28, 2018 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2018 3:45 PM

Hi

re the issue when you solo a track and the automation switches .............

Annoyed me as well but not a bug, it's by design and it’s to set the automation to the last touches parameter and is switched to “on” after updating. For every one like us saying they don't like the feature there's one saying "finally Apple implemented this".

To turn the behaviour off choose Mix > Autoselect Automation Parameter in Read Mode. Worked for me, hope it can help you.

regards

Graham

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2018 3:45 PM in response to Satellite77

Hi

re the issue when you solo a track and the automation switches .............

Annoyed me as well but not a bug, it's by design and it’s to set the automation to the last touches parameter and is switched to “on” after updating. For every one like us saying they don't like the feature there's one saying "finally Apple implemented this".

To turn the behaviour off choose Mix > Autoselect Automation Parameter in Read Mode. Worked for me, hope it can help you.

regards

Graham

Logic Pro X 10.4: added automation features and crashing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.