Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What would cause this to stop working?

Last week my MacBook went to sleep. My Apple watch has always logged me back in. Without notice this stopped working. When I used my normal password to log into my MacBook that password no longer worked. I had to use the password I use for my iCloud account. After that I could not use my watch. When I use preferences and check the box to use my watch I keep getting an error message that all three devices must be on the same wireless network, which they are. High Sierra 10.13.2 on the MacBook, 4.2 on the watch, 11.2.2 on my iPhone 7 plus and Bluetooth is on.

WATCH SERIES 3 (GPS + CELL) (SS) 42MM, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Jan 30, 2018 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2018 3:18 AM

Hi

It may help to update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:

Also update your Mac:

How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

It may then help to check that you are following all of the instructions here:

How to unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2018 3:18 AM in response to Barconti

Hi

It may help to update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:

Also update your Mac:

How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

It may then help to check that you are following all of the instructions here:

How to unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

What would cause this to stop working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.