Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stags blue kai ebay pop up

hi does anyone know how to stop the pop up Stags.bluekai.com coming up each time i go on ebay? it keeps asking me to verify ebay is stags.bluekai.com. I've cleared my cookies and history and done a scan nothing is working. Is this a virus? if it was i would have thought my anti virus would of picked it up. will it go away eventually?

Posted on Feb 1, 2018 9:15 AM

Similar questions

17 replies

Feb 3, 2018 12:31 PM in response to dominic23

EtreCheck version: 3.4.6 (460)

Report generated 2018-02-03 10:15:03

Download EtreCheck from https://etrecheck.com

Runtime: 2:01

Performance: Excellent

Click the [Lookup] links for more information from Apple Support Communities.

Click the [Details] links for more information about that line.

Problem: Other problem

Description:

keep getting pop up from stags.bluekai.com , keeps telling me to verify, think i got it from ebay, worried its a virus , please help

Hardware Information:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

[Technical Specifications] - [User Guide] - [Warranty & Service]

MacBook Pro - model: MacBookPro11,1

1 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 (i5-4258U) CPU: 2-core

4 GB RAM Not upgradeable

BANK 0/DIMM0

2 GB DDR3 1600 MHz ok

BANK 1/DIMM0

2 GB DDR3 1600 MHz ok

Handoff/Airdrop2: supported

Wireless: en0: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac

Battery: Health = Normal - Cycle count = 767

Video Information:

Intel Iris - VRAM: 1536 MB

Color LCD 2560 x 1600

Disk Information:

APPLE SSD SD0128F disk0: (121.33 GB) (Solid State - TRIM: Yes)

[Show SMART report]

(disk0s1) <not mounted> [EFI]: 210 MB

Macintosh HD (disk0s2 - Journaled HFS+) / [Startup]: 120.47 GB (46.38 GB free)

(disk0s3) <not mounted> [Recovery]: 650 MB

USB Information:

XHCI Root Hub SS Simulation

Apple Internal Memory Card Reader

XHCI Root Hub USB 2.0 Simulation

Apple Inc. Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad

Apple Inc. BRCM20702 Hub

Apple Inc. Bluetooth USB Host Controller

Thunderbolt Information:

Apple Inc. thunderbolt_bus

Virtual disks:

Flash Player (disk1s2 - HFS+) /Volumes/Flash Player : 20 MB (0 B free)

Physical disk: (null) 20 MB (0 B free)

System Software:

OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 (13F1911) - Time since boot: about 25 days

Gatekeeper:

Mac App Store and identified developers

System Launch Agents:

[not loaded] 5 Apple tasks

[loaded] 145 Apple tasks

[running] 34 Apple tasks

System Launch Daemons:

[failed] com.apple.AOSNotificationOSX.plist (Apple, Inc. - installed 2016-09-02)

[not loaded] 50 Apple tasks

[loaded] 135 Apple tasks

[running] 61 Apple tasks

Launch Daemons:

[loaded] com.adobe.fpsaud.plist (Adobe Systems, Inc. - installed 2017-12-14) [Lookup]

[running] com.fitbit.galileod.plist (Fitbit, Inc. - installed 2017-03-23) [Lookup]

User Login Items:

iTunesHelper Application (Apple, Inc. - installed 2018-01-21)

(/Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/MacOS/iTunesHelper.app)

Fitbit Connect Menubar Helper Application (Fitbit, Inc. - installed 2017-05-19)

(/Applications/Fitbit Connect.app/Contents/MacOS/Fitbit Connect Menubar Helper.app)

Photo Stream URL SMLoginItem - Hidden (Apple, Inc. - installed 2013-12-11)

(/Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/PhotoStreamAgent.app)

Internet Plug-ins:

FlashPlayer-10.6: 28.0.0.137 (installed 2018-01-08) [Lookup]

QuickTime Plugin: 7.7.3 (installed 2016-09-06)

Flash Player: 28.0.0.137 (installed 2018-01-08) [Lookup]

Default Browser: 537 (installed 2014-10-19)

3rd Party Preference Panes:

Flash Player (installed 2017-12-14) [Lookup]

Time Machine:

Time Machine not configured!

Top Processes by CPU:

100% iTunes

13% com.apple.WebKit.WebContent

3% bluetoothaudiod

2% WindowServer

2% kernel_task

Top Processes by Memory:

712 MB com.apple.WebKit.WebContent

507 MB kernel_task

314 MB com.apple.WebKit.WebContent

139 MB com.apple.WebKit.WebContent

105 MB Safari

Top Processes by Energy Use:

99.08 iTunes

14.16 com.apple.WebKit.WebContent

2.68 bluetoothaudiod

2.30 WindowServer

Virtual Memory Information:

5.61 GB Available RAM

21 MB Free RAM

16 Used RAM

5.59 GB Cached files

764 MB Swap Used

Software installs (last 30 days):

Adobe Flash Player: (installed 2018-01-08)

Install information may not be complete.

Diagnostics Events (last 3 days for minor events):

2018-02-03 10:11:49 EtreCheck.app Crash [Open]

Cause: objc_msgSend() selector name: isEqualToDictionary:

2018-02-03 00:35:42 com.apple.WebKit.WebContent Crash [Open]

Cause: Bundle controller class:

BrowserBundleController

Feb 4, 2018 5:38 AM in response to Guineapigx

I have the same issue with eBay (and have now seen the same drop down on another site but not many). Apple support did as much manual removal as possible when I called them for help 3 days ago - they were very helpful but could not fix the problem due to the following. Note that in Keychain Access there was a certification found related to bluekai (and Oracle who owns them) that could not be deleted - it is embedded. I was told that perhaps an upgrade to the latest Os system would help after trying everything which I have not done as of yet due to time, and I need to get a new Microsoft package for compatibility. However and Importantly - there is another thread on the Apple Discussion Community where now 319 folks have reported the problem as reported here with bluekai & eBay - this is the link to other Apple Discussion on same problem: how do I remove Stags,bluekai.com pop up when using ebay. Just this morning at least 3 folks replied that using a program called AVAST fixed their issue (and I believe we all are using 10.9.5). As I am not a computer expert I am hesitant to try AVAST especially given the above advice here not to download anything - I am afraid it may fix the problem but wreak havoc on my computer somewhere else - I am not a computer expert at all. Any additional advice or familiarity with AVAST?? I (and I am sure the many folks reporting the same problem now) would indeed like to end the bluekai drop-down at every click so your help is appreciated!! (PS - I noted the other discussion of the same problem on the Apple Discussions forum to try and help tie all together so all can be informed and helped if possible.) Thanks!!

Feb 1, 2018 11:22 AM in response to Guineapigx

Please run EtreCheck and post the report here if you can .

https://etrecheck.com

Click “Free Download” button, open Downloads folder, click on it to open, and then select ”Open”.

Click on the bouncing EtreCheck icon in the Dock.

“Choose a problem” from the popup menu box, and then “Start EtreCheck” in the dialog.

Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” .

Paste it into the reply.

Feb 4, 2018 12:01 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric! I did install it and indeed the issue did stop. I disabled mail shield but not the web shield at the moment. Can I ask why do you recommend the uninstall asap - will that not open you up to the same issue with bluekai as before? I will say it did not delete the certification in Keychain Access which is related to the problem from my understanding when Apple Support tried to help me 4 days ago but right now the drop-down warning ended.

Truth is from my understanding eBay ended their contract with bluekai (Oracle), i.e. bluekai despite not being under eBay as a vendor is trying to continue tracking activity - so not sure the issue was a virus or malware.

Thanks! Again I am by no means a computer expert.

Feb 4, 2018 2:02 PM in response to LESNE

You are welcome. Did you read the first link in my last post? The article is a couple of years old, but the information is still correct. Based on my experience here, antivirus programs often interfere with normal computer operations and in a bad scenario, almost stop normal operation. Many problems have been solved by uninstalling antivirus programs.

Feb 4, 2018 2:22 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks again Eric!! Yes I had read the first link but had the feeling that perhaps AVAST had improved their software as the article was a few years old - perhaps I am wrong but so far I am not seeing any normal computer operation issues. If I see issues with any normal operations I will indeed uninstall it immediately. Truth is when I update to the newest Os for Safari from Apple I will uninstall it prior to the Os upgrade to High Sierra. Thanks again - very helpful!

Feb 5, 2018 4:28 AM in response to Eric Root

Would that include Norton, Eric? I am having the same problem with stags.bluekai triggering a certificate verification dialogue box every time I use Safari (and it freezes all activity until I click 'cancel'), and does this repeatedly. I did a full scan yesterday with Norton and it found no threat and also seemed to sort the problem. But today, the same thing again - every couple of minutes - it is mind-bendingly annoying!

BTW I am using Safari 9.1.3 - I don't know if that makes any difference to your advice, please?

Feb 12, 2018 6:43 AM in response to Guineapigx

This is actually not a malware or adware issue. This problem is, unfortunately, normal with Mac OS X 10.9.

Recently, 10.9 systems began to have problems verifying certificates for certain sites. The bluekai.com sites, as well as the Oracle site (who owns bluekai.com), are among the affected sites.

I am not clear at this point what the cause of the problem is, but I have been able to confirm this behavior on a freshly-installed, clean 10.9 system.

Unfortunately, there are only two options available to you. One is to upgrade or downgrade your system. Mac OS X 10.10 and higher do not suffer from this problem, and strangely, for whatever reason, Mac OS X 10.8 is also not affected.

The other option is to stop using Safari and switch to Chrome or Firefox.

Note that Avast would only solve this problem because Avast, in essence, performs a man-in-the-middle attack on your system by installing their own root certificate as a means to decrypt and route all encrypted SSL (https) traffic through their software. This essentially short-circuits the ability of the browser to warn you of certificate issues, covering up the issue without fixing it. This also presents a serious security vulnerability, since A) Avast is intercepting all your encrypted network traffic, and B) Avast is preventing you from seeing normal warnings that would show up if, for example, a site's certificate had been revoked due to bad behavior.

Any other anti-virus software that solves this problem would be engaging in the same bad behavior.

stags blue kai ebay pop up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.