Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

soundtrack pro 3.0.1 can't run with OS High Sierra

I used for quite a long time Soundtrack Pro, version 3.0.1 together with Final Cut Pro, Compressor etc. on my iMac.

But now I upgraded the Mac to the High Sierrs OS, I can't use this version of Soundtrack Pro.

When I go the the Apple Support Site, I am given the choice of downloading the Soundtrack Pro 2.0.2 update.

Then when I want to install it (requesting me to change my security setting to accept unidentified developers, I can't install it in my running disk. I get a message "Soundtrack Pro Update can't be installed on this disk. Your computer does not need this update".

So please let me know what I can do to keep using my Soundtrack Pro version or get an update that can run in the OS High Sierra.

I dont want to face a situation in which I need to download a new Soundtrack Pro version and charging me again for that version (paying twice for more or less the same application is a nonsense.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), IOS 10.13.1 (not listed here)

Posted on Feb 1, 2018 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2018 2:24 PM

The whole original Final Cut Pro Suite does not run on 10.13.

If you want to run SoundtrackPro, you need to downgrade your OS to the last working version or create a dual boot disk and install the last version of OSX that worked with STP and install STP as well.

x

6 replies

soundtrack pro 3.0.1 can't run with OS High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.