Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular data not working after 11.2.5 upgrade

I have an iPhone X. After upgrading yesterday to 11.2.5 cellular data isn't working. I've tried everything I can think of, turned phone off numerous times, reset network settings, restored from backup from just before upgrade (forces me to install 11.2.5 after restore), turning off/on mobile data etc. When I turned on data roaming I was able to use cellular data for a minute and then it stopped working again. I've been able to get data working a couple of times by turning on/off data roaming but it's only for a very short time and then it stops working again.

It's not my provider or local reception/tower, as my wife is with the same provider and everything's fine on her phone which hasn't yet been upgraded. I'm at a loss as what to do next.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 2, 2018 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2018 3:05 PM

Contact your provider and verify that:

1. Your account is provisioned properly
  2. They don't have a local network outage

You can check for network outages at this crowd-sourced site: https://downdetector.com/

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 3, 2018 7:32 AM in response to drewbytes

Same issue. As far as the other response, he said his wife's phone works and is the same provider. Same with me and my husband. It happened after the update overnight. I have tried all...resetting network setting, sim card, etc. Before I do a wipe (which is a PIA), I want to know if others are experiencing this and if there is another update coming out asap to correct so I avoid wiping my phone...

Feb 3, 2018 8:07 AM in response to acorea23

acorea23 wrote:

Same issue. As far as the other response, he said his wife's phone works and is the same provider. Same with me and my husband. It happened after the update overnight. I have tried all...resetting network setting, sim card, etc. Before I do a wipe (which is a PIA), I want to know if others are experiencing this and if there is another update coming out asap to correct so I avoid wiping my phone...

You didn't read drewbytes response, which was that his provider needed to fix the provisioning of his account.

So you might try checking with your provider also.

Cellular data not working after 11.2.5 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.