Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install windows drivers for MacBook Pro

As my son wanted to run a PC to play games, I tried to install Windows 10 with Bootcamp on my 2015 MBP 15". As it s running High Sierra and the drive is APFS that didn't work.

So next we installed Windows on the Mac Mini. That was really slow and the graphics aren't very good, so I used Winclone to clone the bootcamp drive onto an SSD.

I can now boot to Windows on the MPB from the SSD.

However I'm not convinced Windows is running perfectly and I am wondering if its because we are using the Bootcamp downloaded for the MacMini. However, when I run Bootcamp assistant on the MBP it tries to create a new Windows install.

Is there a way to force it to download the right drivers for my MBP - or will it magically done it already when I ran Apple bootcamp assistant from Windows 10, or does it even need to?

Posted on Feb 2, 2018 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2018 2:09 AM

The Mini has different drivers than the 2015 MBP. You need to download the drivers specific to the MBP using

User uploaded file

to a USB2 flash drive, and then run setup.exe from the Bootcamp folder on the USB2 flash drive. If you have any issues, post error messages.

Similar questions

3 replies

Install windows drivers for MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.