Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get my iphone 6 plus replaced?

My sister sent me an iphone 6 plus last year, and i have been using it since the past 1 year. After the OS update i am facing severe battery issues. I heard there is a replacement program ongoing for the old iphone 6 plus. Can someone help me with the procedure of the same?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Feb 2, 2018 11:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2018 4:28 AM

This may be what you are referring to:

iPhone Battery & Power - Official Apple Support

If you don't have AppleCare +, then it's $29 to replace the battery.

The only other program that I am aware of involving the iPhone 6, is this one for iPhone 6s: iPhone 6s Program for Unexpected Shutdown Issues - Apple Support

Cheers,

GB

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2018 4:28 AM in response to Khushboo10

This may be what you are referring to:

iPhone Battery & Power - Official Apple Support

If you don't have AppleCare +, then it's $29 to replace the battery.

The only other program that I am aware of involving the iPhone 6, is this one for iPhone 6s: iPhone 6s Program for Unexpected Shutdown Issues - Apple Support

Cheers,

GB

Feb 6, 2018 8:12 AM in response to Khushboo10

Khushboo10 wrote:

THE phone was purchased in the US while, i am located iin India. Does the warranty still hold?

OK. The automatic answer is to go to an Apple Store, but obviously that won’t work for you without traveling to a country with one.

I would go to an Apple Authorized Service Provider in India and ask. There is a debate as to whether the warranty will transfer or even if they will refuse to service an iPhone purchased overseas. They should have the same worldwide battery promotion, which should be for your model iPhone. If they’ll do it under the current promotion, I understand the cost should be 2000 rupees plus any local taxes.

You can enter your serial number here:

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

How to get my iphone 6 plus replaced?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.