Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't log in in my FaceTime or iMessages after updating macOS HIGH Sierra 10.13.3.

hi,

I have MacBook Air 128gb and I am facing log in issues with my FaceTime and iMessages after updating macOS high Sierra 10.13.3.

I also checked date and time and location etc. but nothing was helpful.

when I enter my id and password in FaceTime, FaceTime show that "an error occurred during activation. try again." and also I message also not responding.

please help me to fix this problem as soon as possible.

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), I just bought 5 month ago

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 12:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2018 6:08 PM

satyamfromsurat,

Thank you for trying the suggested steps and following up. Next, try testing the issue in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:
Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Also, test the issue in another user account. This will help determine if the issue is user specific or system wide.
How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers!
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2018 6:08 PM in response to satyamfromsurat

satyamfromsurat,

Thank you for trying the suggested steps and following up. Next, try testing the issue in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:
Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Also, test the issue in another user account. This will help determine if the issue is user specific or system wide.
How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers!

Feb 3, 2018 12:40 PM in response to satyamfromsurat

Hello satyamfromsurat,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you're unable to log in to iMessage and FaceTime on your MacBook Air. You've tried great steps so far! I'm happy to help.

I recommend following the remaining steps in the link below:
If you can‘t sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac

Let us know if the issue persists. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a fantastic day!

I can't log in in my FaceTime or iMessages after updating macOS HIGH Sierra 10.13.3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.