Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Photo Stream not appearing on iPhone

Hi there.

I used to have an iPhone 5C and all of my photos that I put on my iMac photo library would appear on my iPhone. I have now upgraded to an iPhone 6S and none of the photos on my Mac are on my iPhone Photos Library. On my 5C, I didn't have iCloud Photo Library on (and same on my Mac, because my entire library exceeded my iCloud storage of 5GB), so I assume I had My Photo Stream on. So I turned this on my iPhone, but no photos that were on my Mac have appeared on my iPhone - even if I import new photos onto my Mac. Not even the "My Photo Stream" album has appeared on my iPhone Photos app.

Looked around on the net and haven't yet found a straight answer, so please help!

Cheers, Jimmy.

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 2:50 PM

Hello curlyhead23,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to see your pictures in My Photo Stream on your new iPhone 6s. To help with this, please follow these steps from this resource, along with any further relevant steps listed.

If you can't find your My Photo Stream images in the Photos app, follow these steps on each of your devices:

iPhone, iPad, or iPod

1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi on all of your devices. Check that Wi-Fi is on and you have an Internet connection.
  2. If you have iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos. For earlier versions of iOS, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos.
  3. Check that My Photo Stream is on for each of your devices. If the feature is on, turn it off and tap Delete. Then turn on My Photo Stream again.
  4. On the device that took the photo you're looking for, close the Camera app. (Nothing uploads to My Photo Stream until you do.)
  5. See if your iOS device is below 20% battery power. If it is, My Photo Stream disables itself temporarily to save battery life.

Get help with My Photo Stream

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2018 2:50 PM in response to curlyhead23

Hello curlyhead23,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to see your pictures in My Photo Stream on your new iPhone 6s. To help with this, please follow these steps from this resource, along with any further relevant steps listed.

If you can't find your My Photo Stream images in the Photos app, follow these steps on each of your devices:

iPhone, iPad, or iPod

1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi on all of your devices. Check that Wi-Fi is on and you have an Internet connection.
  2. If you have iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos. For earlier versions of iOS, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos.
  3. Check that My Photo Stream is on for each of your devices. If the feature is on, turn it off and tap Delete. Then turn on My Photo Stream again.
  4. On the device that took the photo you're looking for, close the Camera app. (Nothing uploads to My Photo Stream until you do.)
  5. See if your iOS device is below 20% battery power. If it is, My Photo Stream disables itself temporarily to save battery life.

Get help with My Photo Stream

Cheers!

My Photo Stream not appearing on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.