Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to post reviews in App Store using iPhone 8 or iPad Pro

When i I try posting reviews using iPhone 8 or iPad Pro, it doesn’t let me. Here is what happens step by step.

1. I click on the app in App Store and go to the reviews section

2. I write my reviews and it opens a pop Up to enter nickname.

3. After I enter a nickname and I hit ok, it goes back on the review screen where I was writing my review. Nothing happens and the send button doesn’t work too even when I click on it. I eventually have to click cancel and it comes out of the review.

4. I go back in the app‘s reviews section and my review is not seen.

I raised this with apple two times (100428617224 and 100430018912) and got lame answers. Apple, seriously???

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 12:06 PM

My issue is resolved. One should enter the Game Center nickname used in the game apps. Now I know apple doesn’t mention anywhere and it is sad to see that we have to raise support requests to find this out but it worked for me. What I’m still not clear is if that nickname should be unique or it has to be the Game Center nickname. It only asks for the nickname first time and will use the same nickname for all your future reviews. Apple doesn’t give an error or anything if you enter a non unique nickname which is not expected from apple.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2018 12:06 PM in response to max_rox

My issue is resolved. One should enter the Game Center nickname used in the game apps. Now I know apple doesn’t mention anywhere and it is sad to see that we have to raise support requests to find this out but it worked for me. What I’m still not clear is if that nickname should be unique or it has to be the Game Center nickname. It only asks for the nickname first time and will use the same nickname for all your future reviews. Apple doesn’t give an error or anything if you enter a non unique nickname which is not expected from apple.

Feb 11, 2018 7:23 AM in response to max_rox

I spoke too soon. My issue NOT resolved. I am only able to post reviews for games because my nickname is used for game apps. For any other non-game apps, it doesn't ask me for nickname anymore and says the review is posted, however the I don't see my review for the app. This is highly disappointing. I have raised several requests with Apple with no resolution till date.

Bad experience.

Unable to post reviews in App Store using iPhone 8 or iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.