Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is disabled and no access to itunes store

Hi, I had a problem with my iPhone screen and so ended up entering passcode wrongly too many times, leaving the phone disabled.

I read that I would have to connect it to iTunes to erase and restart my phone, but since I have a new laptop and have not logged into iTunes yet, I cannot access it. To log in it requires the verification code that's sent to my phone but I can't access it as the phone is disabled so cant get notifications.

So I'm stuck with a disabled phone and no way of erasing it. What should I do???

Thank you

iPhone 6s

Posted on Feb 4, 2018 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2018 12:28 PM

Hi, isabellebt!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that you need help with your iPhone 6s; you've entered the passcode incorrectly too many times and need to restore using iTunes, but can't sign into the iTunes Store without your phone (because of two-factor authentication). I'm happy to help!

Good news! You don't need to sign into the iTunes Store in order to use iTunes. You only need to sign in to download and authorize content from the iTunes Store and use Apple Music or iTunes Match. You can import songs into iTunes that are already on your computer, listen to those songs, and even sync them to your iOS devices, without using the iTunes Store.

You can use the following steps from If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support , and once its set back up, you can sign into the iTunes Store on your new computer:

Erase your device with recovery mode to remove your passcode

If you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
      User uploaded file
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
    User uploaded file
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.

Have a great day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2018 12:28 PM in response to isabellebt

Hi, isabellebt!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that you need help with your iPhone 6s; you've entered the passcode incorrectly too many times and need to restore using iTunes, but can't sign into the iTunes Store without your phone (because of two-factor authentication). I'm happy to help!

Good news! You don't need to sign into the iTunes Store in order to use iTunes. You only need to sign in to download and authorize content from the iTunes Store and use Apple Music or iTunes Match. You can import songs into iTunes that are already on your computer, listen to those songs, and even sync them to your iOS devices, without using the iTunes Store.

You can use the following steps from If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support , and once its set back up, you can sign into the iTunes Store on your new computer:

Erase your device with recovery mode to remove your passcode

If you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
      User uploaded file
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
    User uploaded file
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.

Have a great day!

iPhone is disabled and no access to itunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.