Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos App is Missing!

I erased my entire iMac hd and Re-installed OS X 10.9.5 --- it all went ok but the PHOTOS APP is nowhere to be found. It's not on my dock or list of applications. It's supposed to be included with the OS but it's not here.

How/where can I download it?

All my photos are on iCloud. Just need the app.

Posted on Feb 5, 2018 7:58 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Feb 5, 2018 8:28 AM in response to savannamax

What version of macOS were you running before you wiped the drive and re-installed....?

10.9.5 only had iPhoto, if you upgrade up to El Capitan you should get Photos back.

see > How to download OS X El Capitan - Apple Support

If you want to stay on 10.9.5, you maybe able to get iPhotos from your Purchased section of the Mac App Store. Problem is, your photos may no longer work properly in iPhoto if you were using and storing them in iCloud with Photos.

Feb 5, 2018 12:07 PM in response to savannamax

savannamax wrote:

ran the update to the OS from iTunes and Photos App is back!

Congratulations, if you haven't already, the first time you launch it Photos should ask if you will be importing your old iPhoto library, select Yes and let it do it's work. My apologies on my initial post, I had forgotten the Photo's apps had not been released until Yosemite, that was several releases ago for me. 🙂

Photos App is Missing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.