Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change phone number for iCloud

I need access to my iCloud account, Apple wishes to send me a security code via my phone, but the number I have listed with Apple is no longer available. How do I change this number?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Feb 5, 2018 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2018 10:23 AM

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Manage your account

You can manage your trusted phone numbers, trusted devices, and other account information from your Apple ID account page.

Keep your trusted phone numbers up to date

To use two-factor authentication, you need at least one trusted phone number on file where you can receive verification codes. You can update your trusted phone numbers when you follow these steps:

1. Go to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

If you want to add a phone number, click Add a Trusted Phone Number and enter the phone number. Choose to verify the number with a text message or automated phone call, and click Continue. To remove a trusted phone number, click User uploaded file next to the phone number you want to remove.

View and manage your trusted devices

You can view and manage a list of your trusted devices in the Devices section of your Apple ID account page.

3. Go to the Devices section.

The device list shows the devices that you're currently signed in to with your Apple ID. Select a device to view the model, serial number, and other useful information, including whether or not the device is trusted and can be used to receive Apple ID verification codes.

You can also remove a trusted device. Removing a trusted device will ensure that it can no longer display verification codes and that access to iCloud, and other Apple services on the device, is blocked until you sign in again with two-factor authentication. If you need to find or erase your device before you remove it from your trusted device list, you can use Find My iPhone.

LN

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2018 10:23 AM in response to shelleys

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Manage your account

You can manage your trusted phone numbers, trusted devices, and other account information from your Apple ID account page.

Keep your trusted phone numbers up to date

To use two-factor authentication, you need at least one trusted phone number on file where you can receive verification codes. You can update your trusted phone numbers when you follow these steps:

3. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

If you want to add a phone number, click Add a Trusted Phone Number and enter the phone number. Choose to verify the number with a text message or automated phone call, and click Continue. To remove a trusted phone number, click User uploaded file next to the phone number you want to remove.

View and manage your trusted devices

You can view and manage a list of your trusted devices in the Devices section of your Apple ID account page.

3. Go to the Devices section.

The device list shows the devices that you're currently signed in to with your Apple ID. Select a device to view the model, serial number, and other useful information, including whether or not the device is trusted and can be used to receive Apple ID verification codes.

You can also remove a trusted device. Removing a trusted device will ensure that it can no longer display verification codes and that access to iCloud, and other Apple services on the device, is blocked until you sign in again with two-factor authentication. If you need to find or erase your device before you remove it from your trusted device list, you can use Find My iPhone.

LN

How to change phone number for iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.