Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone video file doesn't show up in photos

I connect my iphone 7 plus to iMac thru lightning cable, Photos app pop up and show up photos for import no problem. But I cannot see any video taken which in iphone. I used iExplorer third party app I can see both photo and video file there. I also checked over Photos preference, options that nothing work for video import. iMac is Sierra 10.12.6 and iphone is latest ios as well. Any one can give me a tips? Many thanks.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Feb 5, 2018 4:03 PM

4 replies

Feb 11, 2018 4:07 AM in response to KeinYW

You're welcome, Kein.

1 more thing. When shooting videos on your iPhone 7 Plus, I would recommend that you keep them under 15 minutes. If you need to videotape a longer event, just end your video then immediately start recording again to create multiple files.

Here's why. Several years ago, I was videotaping a worship service at church using my old iPhone 4 (I think). If I remember correctly, I think that Image Capture was unable to copy the file to my MacBook because it was too large. I had to find a trial version of a free app to transfer the file to my computer. I think that I got an error message when I tried to copy it to my work Windows laptop. That was probably 3 or 4 years ago so I am not crystal clear on the details.

Once I stayed under 20 minutes, the video file size was under the maximum threshhold that Image Capture can handle. The iPhone 7 Plus creates much larger files due to its higher resolution camera. That is why I suggested a maximum recording time of 15-minutes.

Howard

iPhone video file doesn't show up in photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.