Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone videos not synching to iMac Photos

Hi - The videos on my iPhone have stopped synching to Photos app on my iMac. I only see the photos being synched wirelessly and automatically, but the videos don't show up at all. Can anyone help? Thank you!

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Oct 16, 2018 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2018 10:21 AM

How do you have your Photos/iCloud preferences set up? Are you using just the My Photo Stream option? If so that will not transfer videos to your Mac or your Mac's Photos Library.

If you are only using the My Photo Stream you will need to connect your iPhone to your Mac via its USB cable, launch Photos and manually import the videos.

The only automatic syncing of videos from your iPhone to your Mac is thru the iCloud Photo Library feature.

User uploaded file

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2018 10:21 AM in response to soums

How do you have your Photos/iCloud preferences set up? Are you using just the My Photo Stream option? If so that will not transfer videos to your Mac or your Mac's Photos Library.

If you are only using the My Photo Stream you will need to connect your iPhone to your Mac via its USB cable, launch Photos and manually import the videos.

The only automatic syncing of videos from your iPhone to your Mac is thru the iCloud Photo Library feature.

User uploaded file

iPhone videos not synching to iMac Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.