Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch 4th gen account sign in stalled

I bought a refurb iPod touch 4th generation. The seller warned me that it cannot be upgraded past ios6 but I thought that would be okay because all I want is to listen to music, podcasts, audio books, etc., I didn't think I would need any new apps.

But now as I try to just sign in with my Apple ID, I can't get past that screen. It acknowledges my user name and password and then says to enter a code number sent to my iPad. I get the number but then find that there's no place on the iPod to enter that number. It doesn't provide any way to enter the dang number or move beyond that screen.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Posted on Feb 6, 2018 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2018 3:29 PM

Hi there, Walter.

I see that you're trying to set up an iPod touch (4th generation) but you're unable to complete the process. Your Apple ID is protected by two-factor authentication, but the iOS version on your iPod touch doesn't have a place to enter the code required. Since two-factor authentication was introduced with iOS 9 and iOS 6 doesn't provide a field, you would enter the code at the end of your password.

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions, you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification codefrom a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2018 3:29 PM in response to Walter Albertson

Hi there, Walter.

I see that you're trying to set up an iPod touch (4th generation) but you're unable to complete the process. Your Apple ID is protected by two-factor authentication, but the iOS version on your iPod touch doesn't have a place to enter the code required. Since two-factor authentication was introduced with iOS 9 and iOS 6 doesn't provide a field, you would enter the code at the end of your password.

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions, you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification codefrom a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Cheers!

ipod touch 4th gen account sign in stalled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.