Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto does not want to edit certain pictures

Hi there

I am on iMac 5k late 2015 running OSX El Captain und have used iPhoto many times to edit pictures.

I recently went back in my photo library to 2011 and found pictures that have been imported from Nikon D200

that iPhoto does not want to edit anymore. When I click the edit button the edit mode opens but the buttons flash up white and then turn grey and do not respond. While recent imported pictures do edit properly I do not understand what happened and how to correct this.

If anyone can help me I would be grateful.

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Feb 7, 2018 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2018 4:17 AM

And indeed the "show referenced file in Finder" is greyed out.

Just to be sure - you are really using iPhoto version 9.6.1 and not the newer Photos for Mac?

Photos for Mac cannot reveal files in the Photos Library in the Finder while iPhoto can.

Iphoto displays the old photos on the screen but when I try to export them I indeed get an error message could not load image 1.019.

Try to repair the iPhoto Library: help.apple.com/iphoto/index.html#pht6d60348f

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2018 4:17 AM in response to PSwanlake

And indeed the "show referenced file in Finder" is greyed out.

Just to be sure - you are really using iPhoto version 9.6.1 and not the newer Photos for Mac?

Photos for Mac cannot reveal files in the Photos Library in the Finder while iPhoto can.

Iphoto displays the old photos on the screen but when I try to export them I indeed get an error message could not load image 1.019.

Try to repair the iPhoto Library: help.apple.com/iphoto/index.html#pht6d60348f

Feb 7, 2018 2:53 AM in response to PSwanlake

Are the original image files still available, or can iPhoto not find them?

Select one of your older Nikon photos, and use the command "File > Reveal in Finder > original File". Is this command available or is it grayed out?

If you can reveal the original file in the Finder, can the Preview.app open it or do other applications also have difficulties to process the file?

Feb 7, 2018 3:34 AM in response to léonie

Hi Léonie,

Thanks for your response.

Iphoto displays the old photos on the screen but when I try to export them I indeed get an error message could not

load image 1.019. And indeed the "show referenced file in Finder" is greyed out.

I cannot reveal the original file in the Finder. At least I now understand the problem. Thanks.

I will go into my backup files to try and retrieve my originals.

Do you have any suggestions on why pictures get lost?

iPhoto does not want to edit certain pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.