Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-pair Apple Watch without resetting

I have an Apple Watch 3 (model A1859 ) and iPhone 6 all with latest software. After about 3 months working fine the two lost contact a few days ago and activity is not updated on the phone anymore. After restarting both devices a few times I found instructions on the internet to unpair the phone and watch, which I did. As a result the phone and watch do not see each other anymore, although the watch happily talks to my MB pro to unlock it.

I would like to re-pair the phone and the watch *without* resetting the watch to factory state since it has data saved for a couple of days that is not on the phone. However, when I try to manually pair the two, the watch does not show up in the list on the phone.

How can I force the watch to go into pairing mode without resetting it?

Other solutions?

Posted on Feb 7, 2018 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2018 3:43 AM

I would regard that as a serious bug in that case. How am I ever going to get my 365 rewards in that case?

Seeing that people have reported about the loss of connectivity for years it is really puzzling that it has not been solved.

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 8, 2018 2:36 AM in response to dspoel

Hi

I'm afraid that is not possible.

It will not be possible to retain any Activity data that has accumulated on your Apple Watch since it was last connected with your iPhone, which now believes that the watch is unpaired.

As your Apple Watch still believes that it is paired and you are still able to use it, follow these steps to erase your Apple Watch manually:

• On your Apple Watch: when viewing the time, go to the Home screen (via a single press of the Digital Crown) > Settings (gear icon) > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings > confirm when prompted.
  • Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone - Apple Support

Then re-pair it your iPhone, checking that you have first updated your iPhone to the latest version of iOS:

For future reference, it can be normal for your Apple Watch and iPhone to become disconnected under certain circumstances, such as when they are taken out of Bluetooth range of each other. If they do not reconnect automatically when being brought back within range of each other (including after allowing some time for them to do so), then follow the steps here:

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support

Re-pair Apple Watch without resetting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.