Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does homepod work with iTunes match?

I do not currently have a iTunes Match subscription but would get one and a HomePod if I could upload and play my own library on the Homepod. Has anyone been able to set this up?

Apple.com tech specs page says:

Audio Sources: "iCloud Music Library with an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription"

System Requirements: "Apple Music subscription for full music functionality"

HomePod, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 4:34 PM

Directly from the cloud. HomePod sets itself up using your wireless network and Apple ID.

You can control what songs play either with Siri or on your device using Control Center or Home while it’s streaming from the cloud.

Of course if you wish you can Airplay anything from your device

14 replies

Feb 12, 2018 3:52 PM in response to lsiworley

Yes. Siri on HomePod will shuffle your entire iTunes Match library or it will play any selection of songs like playlists, genres or albums. Also individual songs of course.

Yes, you can say Siri Next to skip. You can also control skipping using your iOS device. Just open Control Center and force Touch the music player. It will break up into individual sources, one of which will be the HomePod. You can click Forward and Next as well as volume and scrub.

Unfortunately you can't control the specific songs or playlists using your iOS device. If you try iOS switches to Airplay and so you'd have to stay near your HomePod after that.

does homepod work with iTunes match?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.