Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I Edit the preinstalled suggestions in iTunes?

You know when you edit the title of a song, artist, etc and you type in the first letter and it auto completes a suggestion. Can I edit out some of the suggestions?

Example: I want to change the artist to Metallica, I type in M and it auto fills M. Burton, who the F*** is M. Burton?

I want to remove things like that so I only get bands that I already have in my library suggested

User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 2:08 PM

The auto complete lists are based on the contents of your library. Click the triangle by the magnifying class in the search box and make sure that Search Entire Library is not ticked, then type M. Burton in the search box. This will show you the tracks with that value. Should it be appropriate you can select and Get Info for the relevant tracks and change the value to something else. If the value no longer exists in any tags it won't be offered as an auto complete suggestion.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2018 2:08 PM in response to banjaxed

The auto complete lists are based on the contents of your library. Click the triangle by the magnifying class in the search box and make sure that Search Entire Library is not ticked, then type M. Burton in the search box. This will show you the tracks with that value. Should it be appropriate you can select and Get Info for the relevant tracks and change the value to something else. If the value no longer exists in any tags it won't be offered as an auto complete suggestion.

tt2

Can I Edit the preinstalled suggestions in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.