You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play Video Without Download

I want to play the videos, I keep on my icloud drive. But I want to watch it like it's on YouTube without downloading it. I hope I can tell you the subject. Google Drive users can watch the video on the internet, such as yotube, without downloading. But when I click on the videos in icloud, it wants to download it first. Is there a solution to that?

iPhone SE, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2018 12:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2018 2:05 AM

This is actually a very important feature. I have uploaded my own 3d training videos to my icloud storage space. I keep it in the cloud network because they occupy a lot of space. I want to watch them during the trip. By connecting from the phone or ipad. But when I click to watch someone, it's trying to download the video before. Whereas I don't want to watch the whole video. Maybe I'll watch some of the video at the end. Why doesn't it just let me open it? Why do I have to download all that video?

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2018 2:05 AM in response to Eric Root

This is actually a very important feature. I have uploaded my own 3d training videos to my icloud storage space. I keep it in the cloud network because they occupy a lot of space. I want to watch them during the trip. By connecting from the phone or ipad. But when I click to watch someone, it's trying to download the video before. Whereas I don't want to watch the whole video. Maybe I'll watch some of the video at the end. Why doesn't it just let me open it? Why do I have to download all that video?

Play Video Without Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.