Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new iPad asking for passcode...but I never set one up!

I've just unboxed a brand new iPad for work and proceeded to create a new Apple account for it (didn't want to use my personal Apple ID). I entered my email address and mobile phone number. There was a delay with the verification code coming through (about 5 minutes, I'm in a poor signal area) and by the time it did the iPad screen had gone dark. I pressed the home button to wake up the screen and was asked to enter the passcode. I can assure you 100% that I have NOT added a passcode to this device. I have only just unboxed it, I have been using Apple devices for years and I would know if I'd added a passcode.

iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on Feb 13, 2018 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2018 6:46 AM

I've sorted this myself but cannot delete my post. When I thought I was entering my wifi password during set up I was actually setting up the iPad passcode. If you are prompted for a passcode on a new device but don't remember setting one up it's worth trying your wifi password!

1 reply

Brand new iPad asking for passcode...but I never set one up!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.