Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod - issues with connect to AirPlay (Not always visible in the list of outputs)

I'm having issues with trying to connect via airplay to the HomePod - iPhone, iPad or computer. It works sometimes and then it's not showing up as a device to connect to. Other times the options is there, but it will not connect.

The HomePod is working - it's playing music on requests, it appears in Home App

I've tried a number of options to try and getting the HomePod to display in the output options:

a) turned off the wifi

b) on and off with Aeroplane Mode

c) powered off the device

d) Tried connecting via 4G

e) changed Airplay setting in Home to "Anyone in range fo your HomePod"

My friends with HomePods are having the same issues?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Feb 13, 2018 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2018 11:20 AM

I had the same issue after moving it across three wifi networks. Took it to show some folks the great sound.

If you touch with two fingers and hold down on the top and wait....

keep waiting... :-)

Siri will tell you that she is getting ready to reset and she will talk you thru it. Remove it from your phone. Power down HomePod (unplug it) and then let it come back up. Will act like you just got it out of the box.

Then go to your phone and set it back up as new.

I was having issues with it dropping from AirPlay and this fixed it for me.

I do AirPlay with my iMac attached speakers and have this in the corner of my office. The surround sound and quality is excellent. LOVE IT. :-)

Rock on.

Cheers

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2018 11:20 AM in response to Ajaynz

I had the same issue after moving it across three wifi networks. Took it to show some folks the great sound.

If you touch with two fingers and hold down on the top and wait....

keep waiting... :-)

Siri will tell you that she is getting ready to reset and she will talk you thru it. Remove it from your phone. Power down HomePod (unplug it) and then let it come back up. Will act like you just got it out of the box.

Then go to your phone and set it back up as new.

I was having issues with it dropping from AirPlay and this fixed it for me.

I do AirPlay with my iMac attached speakers and have this in the corner of my office. The surround sound and quality is excellent. LOVE IT. :-)

Rock on.

Cheers

Feb 14, 2018 2:52 PM in response to Ajaynz

I’m having setup issues, but maybe this is a useful thought.

i can setup HomePod on my broadband router’s wifi (BBR) but cannot get it to connect to my normal WiFi on my AirPort Extreme (the last one Apple made).

when setup completed on BBR I could see and use the Homepod on at least my iPhone X and ipad Air 2. But if they are on my Airport WiFi the apps can’t use it as an AirPlay output.

maybe that thought helps.

now back to my problem. Good luck

Apr 7, 2018 3:30 AM in response to sincerus

Hi,

just a quick question with what you said about Airplay issues " I was having issues with it dropping from AirPlay and this fixed it for me." When you say 'dropping' do you mean that all of a sudden the music ( sort of ) stops playing through your HomePod ( no sound ) then suddenly picks it up again ( pause of around 1 or 2 seconds ) but you miss a few seconds of the track as it is still playing in iTunes.

I only ask cause' this is what happens to me far too many times, becoming a real pain when tying to listen to music via Airplay, I know others are having the same issue and wonder if you were having the same issue as your 'Fix' may well be the cure 😉 I hope.

Thanks

Steve ( UK )

HomePod - issues with connect to AirPlay (Not always visible in the list of outputs)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.