Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This session has timed out for your security.

When I log on to appleid.apple.com and then enter the 6-digit code from any of my devices, login is successful but the session simultaneously terminates with the message: "This session has timed out for your security." I have tried this in four different browsers, in incognito mode in Chrome, and on all my devices, all with the same result. Obviously, I can't turn off two-factor authentication, so it does not appear that I have any avenue to fix this. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 14, 2018 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2018 1:43 PM

I have exactly the same issue.

I can not log in to https://appleid.apple.com/

When I provide valid credentials, I'm asked, if I allow access from the geo location and then with 6 digits. When providing the verification code (the digits), the page then presents the mentioned warning.

This is a serious blocker for me, because I need app specific passwords.

How one would remove 2FA ?

Thanks!

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2018 1:43 PM in response to brent lfromogden

I have exactly the same issue.

I can not log in to https://appleid.apple.com/

When I provide valid credentials, I'm asked, if I allow access from the geo location and then with 6 digits. When providing the verification code (the digits), the page then presents the mentioned warning.

This is a serious blocker for me, because I need app specific passwords.

How one would remove 2FA ?

Thanks!

Mar 8, 2018 1:48 PM in response to Firemans_Wife

You might want to consider starting a new discussion. Since this one is marked solved, less people are likely to look at it. A new post would be much more visible. You can link to this one.

there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Feb 14, 2018 3:32 PM in response to brent lfromogden

So I just went through a long session with support with screen sharing on multiple devices and trying lots of different things with no resolution. Then the tech went to escalate it and came back with the answer that the engineers know about this issue that is a problem of the appleid.apple.com website and they are working to resolve it.

Feb 14, 2018 4:33 PM in response to GDOGGYDOG

OMG man, you've restored my life-force. I was in the middle of adding a few devices to my DEP account, which requires you to login to the DEP web portal after enrollment and then move the device to your DEP server. All of a sudden, it gets stuck in a 2FA loop, entering the SMS code, then back to 2FA. I went to Apple's Service Status website (consumer services as well as developer) and nothing was indicated as down. I freaking had to bail on my valentines day with the wife and kids, stuck at my clients office until a had to give up. I was browsing the web like crazy, finally stumbled on this thread and realized your posting date, f***Ing eureka man, I'm not just going crazy. Thanks for getting that support call in and posting my man! My clients aren't going to be happy waiting a few days, but they're used to this stuff with the iDevices by now.

This session has timed out for your security.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.