Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t access App Store on Apple TV 4

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. When I try to access the App Store on my Apple TV 4 I can’t grt past the initial “Welcome to the App Store” screen. Hitting “continue” doesn’t do anything.

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 17, 2018 3:48 PM

14 replies

Feb 17, 2018 10:58 PM in response to markfromflanders

User uploaded file I am experiencing the exact same problem on Apple TV 4 gen. I haven’t been able to access the App Store for the past 2-3 days. I contacted Apple support on Twitter and but they were not very helpful:

“We'd like to get this headed in the right direction so you can get back to enjoying your Apple TV. For this issue, please reach out to our Apple TV Advisors. You can reach them using our link here: http://apple.co/GetSupport”

Feb 17, 2018 4:18 PM in response to markfromflanders

Do your network connects to the Internet?

You need Internet access for the AppleTV.

Try reset:

If you have an Apple TV (4th generation): Disconnect the power and HDMI cables from Apple TV. Connect one end of a USB-C cable (sold separately) to Apple TV and the other end to your computer. Open iTunes on your computer, select Apple TV in the Source list, then select Restore. If that doesn’t work, contact Apple TV Support.

Feb 17, 2018 3:54 PM in response to markfromflanders

Are you connect to same Wi-Fi network at home?

Did you also try Ethernet connection?

If Apple TV isn’t responding, try restarting it.

Restart Apple TV. Do any of the following:

• Press and hold the MENU and Home (tv icon) buttons until the Apple TV status light blinks rapidly.
  • Disconnect Apple TV from the power outlet, wait five seconds, then reconnect it.
  • In Settings (gears icon), go to System and select Restart.

Can’t access App Store on Apple TV 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.