Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos stopped uploading photos after adding 26 thousand pics and videos

Hi,

I recently added all my old photos to the Photos app on Mac (they where on dropbox), I added around 26 thousand files between photos (the vast majority) and some videos, making my total library 33621 photos and 943 videos. When I added the photos to the Photos app it uploaded around one thousand and then it stopped, now I don't have any progress in over a week. I have tried to stop the upload for a day, restarting the app and the Mac but nothing works.

This is my current state, for the last week:

User uploaded file

Photos app version:

User uploaded file

OS and Mac data:

User uploaded file

iCloud storage capacity (I have enough):

User uploaded file

Photos settings (nothing has changed from when it was working):

User uploaded file

And finally somewhere I read that may the problem where some photos that were impossible to upload, so making a smart album returns 0 photos:

User uploaded file

What can I do?

By the way the photos that where already in the library were taken with iPhones over the last 3 years.

Thank you for any advice or solution to this problem

Posted on Feb 17, 2018 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 9:56 AM

I have solved this problem. The issue was that I had around 100 videos that were causing the problem. This videos play in the photos app but are MPGE files with a Layer 1 an 2 codecs. Deleting this files from the library and from the trash solved the issue.

Regards,

Similar questions

6 replies

Photos stopped uploading photos after adding 26 thousand pics and videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.