Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 3 Heart Rate Training Zone

Hello

I use my Apple Watch 3 a lot for working out. I also use Seconds Pro which is great as a personal aid coach for circuit training. What I would to do is be able to set up a target heart rate zone and have a 'coach' tell me when I am in my target zone and/or when I go outside it in real time. From the few heart rate zone training apps it is not clear that they will provide coaching on heart rate zone real time. Does anyone know of an app for the Apple Watch that will let you set up a target HR training zone for a given workout with real time coaching? Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 18, 2018 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2018 5:10 AM

Hi

Heart rate zones, limits and alerts during workouts are not presently available as a built-in feature on Apple Watch.

If you would like to submit a feature request to Apple in respect of the built-in apps, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

You may find that the following third-party apps, for example, meet your needs:

Zones for Training on the App Store

• " Your Apple Watch taps you on the wrist when heart rate zone changes."

Heart Graph on the App Store

• "Haptics are played on the Watch for the heart rate alarm and heart rate zone alarms"

I suggest that you consult the developers' app descriptions and support resources for further information about supported features.

To browse and search for these and/or other third-party apps with the results pre-filtered to include only those iPhone apps that also include an app for Apple Watch, use the Watch app on your iPhone. Apps can be searched by keyword or app name via the Search tab or browsed via the App Store4 tab.

Follow the instructions here to add and use compatible apps on your Apple Watch:

Use apps on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2018 5:10 AM in response to sundoggie

Hi

Heart rate zones, limits and alerts during workouts are not presently available as a built-in feature on Apple Watch.

If you would like to submit a feature request to Apple in respect of the built-in apps, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

You may find that the following third-party apps, for example, meet your needs:

Zones for Training on the App Store

• " Your Apple Watch taps you on the wrist when heart rate zone changes."

Heart Graph on the App Store

• "Haptics are played on the Watch for the heart rate alarm and heart rate zone alarms"

I suggest that you consult the developers' app descriptions and support resources for further information about supported features.

To browse and search for these and/or other third-party apps with the results pre-filtered to include only those iPhone apps that also include an app for Apple Watch, use the Watch app on your iPhone. Apps can be searched by keyword or app name via the Search tab or browsed via the App Store4 tab.

Follow the instructions here to add and use compatible apps on your Apple Watch:

Use apps on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch 3 Heart Rate Training Zone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.