Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I unpair my watch will I loose all activity history

Hello, I have an Apple Watch series 1 paired to my iPhone 6. For a few days my activity/workouts have not synced to my iPhone. This started the day after I downloaded the most recent iOS update on my phone. I have tried all of the suggestions and settings with no success. My question is; if I unpair my watch and repair it will I lose all of my activity history? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you

Apple Watch, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 22, 2018 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2018 4:36 AM

Hi

Follow the instructions here, if necessary including unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch - including if your devices indicate that they are connected, but do not behave accordingly:

Historic Health and Activity data is stored on your iPhone, not on your Apple Watch, so will not be lost.

However, if your devices have become unpaired and it is necessary to re-pair them, then any Activity data that has been accumulated on your Apple Watch and which has not yet synced successfully to your iPhone will be lost and cannot be recovered.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2018 4:36 AM in response to Staceylava

Hi

Follow the instructions here, if necessary including unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch - including if your devices indicate that they are connected, but do not behave accordingly:

Historic Health and Activity data is stored on your iPhone, not on your Apple Watch, so will not be lost.

However, if your devices have become unpaired and it is necessary to re-pair them, then any Activity data that has been accumulated on your Apple Watch and which has not yet synced successfully to your iPhone will be lost and cannot be recovered.

If I unpair my watch will I loose all activity history

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.