Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

block wifi - https://platform.twitter.com/jot.html

Hi Friends,

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I am using ios 11.2.6 on both my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 8 Plus.

Each time I log into my Public Libraries wifi, I am redirected to the following address: https://platform.twitter.com/jot.html

Can anyone please tell me either why this is happening, and/or is there a method of blocking this web URL from launching?

Many thanks to all in advance!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 22, 2018 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2018 6:17 AM

Hi again Skydiver,

Thank you again for your assistance.

I am going to pass on your comments to the IT person here at the library.

I do not think there is much else I can do except make them aware of it.

I also thought that perhaps in my Restictions area in Settings I could list the URL and see if that might block the twitter.platform URL.

Thank you again, much appreciated!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2018 6:17 AM in response to Skydiver119

Hi again Skydiver,

Thank you again for your assistance.

I am going to pass on your comments to the IT person here at the library.

I do not think there is much else I can do except make them aware of it.

I also thought that perhaps in my Restictions area in Settings I could list the URL and see if that might block the twitter.platform URL.

Thank you again, much appreciated!

Feb 23, 2018 6:50 AM in response to Skydiver119

Hi Skydiver,

Thank you for your reply. As a matter of fact, Safari launches the moment the wifi connection is established on the Library GUI screen. I of course do have Google browser, but it never loads ...just Safari and it does this automatically. Not sure, but perhaps Safari is the default browser on the iPad and iPhone..?

Incidentally the same issue I am having has been reported by other patrons of the Library, so at least I am not the only one.

I am not certain if this issue is a Twitter thing, or an ios issue.

Any thoughts?

Thank you again for your input!

Feb 23, 2018 7:06 AM in response to David_1

The fact that other people are experiencing it suggests to me that it’s not your device rather the library’s system that may have issues.

Safari is the default browser on iDevices but if you choose you can download and install others. Recently Safari seems to have some issues with some aggressive ads which is why I wondered if it was only safari or other browsers that experience it.

The downside of your library’s wifi is that someone may have hacked the router or if it’s open - with no password - a user may have installed or opened it up to malicious software. Or it may also be something the library is aware of.

If they have an IT person you could talk to them and see if they have any insight into the issue.

block wifi - https://platform.twitter.com/jot.html

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.