Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Here is the solution for iTunes skips / jumps / not playing songs to the end

Hi Community,

I had the problem that iTunes certainly started to not properly play some imported mp3 files until the end. It always skipped after 2:40min the song to the end and started playing the next song.

After researching a while I found out that a lot of people having the same issue without any solution. Until today :-)!

It is as simple as it seems. The iTunes Library has been damaged in some certain way and you have to rebuild it.

Before you start backup your data! You do everything on your own risk!!!

1. Quit iTunes and copy the iTunes Library XML to your desktop or somewhere else.

2. Delete the iTunes Library.itl file in your iTunes library.

3. Open iTunes and go to Library -> Import Playlist

4. Wait a few minutes until it's done

That's it! The only downside is, that the import date of the files are set to the new import date and time. So you won't be able to see your old import date. But however, they stay in the correct old order in the title view.

I hope my solution will work for you as well as it did for me! Good luck and let me know!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), null

Posted on Feb 24, 2018 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2018 1:44 PM

PS: step 3. Open iTunes and go to Library -> Import Playlist and chose the iTunes Library XML file

Similar questions

1 reply

Here is the solution for iTunes skips / jumps / not playing songs to the end

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.