Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls coming through headphones when phone is on silent

Hi, I live in a very noisy area and use sleep headphones (the ones where there are flat speakers inside a headband) and play gentle music throughout the night to help me sleep. Sometimes also during the day as I have a chronic illness.

My issue is that even when I put the phone on silent, calls still ring through the headphones, waking me up. Is there a way I can stop this?

Thank you

PS I have an iPhone 6S on iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 6:32 PM

turning on silent does not stop calls. Do not disturb does. Go to settings>do not disturb>scheduled and set it to the time you do not want to receive calls. Also further down it says receive calls from and set that to who you want to get calls from during do not disturb.

1 reply

Calls coming through headphones when phone is on silent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.