Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy and paste not working, Mac Pro, High Sierra 10.13.3

have suddenly lost the ability to "paste" after "copy".

problem found within a program and across programs.

the following actions have failed to solve the problem

1- reboot

2- safe reboot

3- kill pboard

anyone with same problem ? anyone with a solution ?

thanks

Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), Mac Pro mid 2010

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 5:11 AM

WORKED FOR ME, Try This from terminal

Found some information on other link posted by someone and used it and worked for me, Pasting below after i tried it myself

open terminal and type

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache

It will ask you for your admin password, which you enter and hit "Return".

Let it run until it is done (it will spit out a bunch of "warnings" - DO NOT BE ALARMED, THIS IS NORMAL).

Then restart your Mac.

Link : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8107698 sudo update_dyld_shared_cache It will ask you for your admin password, which you enter and hit "Return". Let it run until it is done (it will spit out a bunch of "warnings" - DO NOT BE ALARMED, THIS IS NORMAL). Then restart your Mac.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 5:11 AM in response to kamal013

WORKED FOR ME, Try This from terminal

Found some information on other link posted by someone and used it and worked for me, Pasting below after i tried it myself

open terminal and type

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache

It will ask you for your admin password, which you enter and hit "Return".

Let it run until it is done (it will spit out a bunch of "warnings" - DO NOT BE ALARMED, THIS IS NORMAL).

Then restart your Mac.

Link : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8107698 sudo update_dyld_shared_cache It will ask you for your admin password, which you enter and hit "Return". Let it run until it is done (it will spit out a bunch of "warnings" - DO NOT BE ALARMED, THIS IS NORMAL). Then restart your Mac.

Feb 26, 2018 8:21 AM in response to manmohanVerma

thanks, but the method got hung up at the password. it was not accepted.

however, reloading Mac High Sierra seems to have solved the problem.

it has only been a few minutes, but the copy paste function is working.

got the idea from following your thread and reading further to someone else's comment

so in a roundabout way, you contributed to the solution

thanks again

Feb 26, 2018 11:07 AM in response to kamal013

A follow up status:

Reloaded Mac High Sierra from the App Store; that solved the problem.

Have tested the copy & paste capability for several hours now, still functional.

Now, as soon as I reloaded Mac High Sierra (10.13.3), i was informed that there were updates waiting in the App Store. One of them was the Supplemental update to 10.13.3 to address the character bug. I did NOT download this, since i have a hunch that it was responsible for my computer's copy & paste problem.

A 2nd computer (macBook Air, MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3), which was upgraded with the 10.13.3 supplement some time ago, has not shown any copy & paste problem.

copy and paste not working, Mac Pro, High Sierra 10.13.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.