Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play list order being changed (Not Shuffle order)

I have set up an extensive iTunes library over the years, today i had to recover from an itunes issue when i was working on the iTunes library on my OSX system I decided to select the iCloud Music Update option from within the OSX Menu > File option.

All the Smart Playlist tunes had been deleted from a Smart list that had been working perfectly for about 6 months. On investigation i realised that the Smart Playlist options had all been reset within each track... i use the Sort Name in the Track as a selection option within a Smart Playlist,

I also realised that in all my other devices,,, the play order was "random" within the selected Smart Playlist.... i have an Iphone X an iPad , another older OSX system and all units were presenting the smart play list in question with totally different play order for the tracks within the playlist.

The Samart playlist was placed within a Playlist Folder as suggested by another forum contributor... who indicated that to maintain the same play order across devices the only way to do this was to put the Smart Playlist within a Playlist Folder, and this has worked but not now.

Thanks, any suggestion to fix please?

John W

Mac mini (Late 2014), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 6:49 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Play list order being changed (Not Shuffle order)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.