Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad mini 1st gen midi support

Hello,

i hope someone can help me to get midi over WiFi to work, i tested 2 days long but i didn't get it to working.

When i use a iPhone 5s it work without problems (IOS 11 over Wifi, cable work also)

When i use the iPad mini (9.3.5) then i didn't get it to work, tested it over cable and WiFi.

On my MacBook Pro in the Audio-Midi-Setup, i switched to the tab with audio devices and the activate button is grey on cable setup (lightning cable), but when i change to the iPhone i can activate it.

By using the network option i become the answer that the IP don't response, on the iPhone it work after maybe 5 seconds.

It seen like apple has deactivated this feature for (maybe) older hardware... the same thing occur when i use a iPad from my wife (don't know if it was 1/2/3 generation).

Can someone give me a tip to get the iPad mini or other iPad (1/2/3 ??) working with midi over Wifi.

PS: i have order a lightning to usb camera adapter, maybe it work but it hasn't arrived me.

Thx for our help

best regards Eldark666

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 7:37 AM

There are no replies.

Ipad mini 1st gen midi support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.