Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Content of emails forwarded from iPhone X users do not display on Mac Mail

Has anyone experienced this issue before? We have an user who upgraded to an "iPhone X" from an earlier version of the iPhone, who now when he forwards an email, from his iPhone X, to another person within our company who uses Mac Mail, the contents of the forwarded message, including message & attachments do not display in Mac Mail. The email is blank except for the Sender, Recipient and Subject, the message area is blank. But if the person who received the forwarded email then tries to forward it to someone else, the hidden contents of the original forwarded email are VISIBLE and can be displayed.

But here is the kicker to know that the problem is with Mac Mail. If you log into the email account on the webserver of the person who received the original email from the iPhone X user, the email shows everything correctly, showing all the content of the email. If the iPhone X user forwards an email to an Android user or Windows user, the email will display correctly.

The IOS (11.2.6) updates are current on the iPhone X.

The Mac OS is 10.11.6 (El Capitan).

Mac Mail is version 9.3 (3124).

Does anyone have a fix or solution besides the "default" - upgrade to High Sierra?

Our internal Accounting system hasn't been tested on High Sierra.

Thanks,

TxTornados

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 8:11 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 26, 2018 11:53 AM in response to txtornados

UPDATE:

Rebuilt the mailbox. Had the user forward an email, from his iPhone X, to me, I use Mac Mail, and the contents of the forwarded message, including message & attachments do not show up in Mac Mail.

To see the contents of the forwarded email, I just click FORWARD, as though I am going to forward to another person. Then I can see what the email says.

Any ideas?

Mar 20, 2018 1:08 PM in response to txtornados

I have a customer reporting the same issue on an iMac as well as multiple iPhones. In this case, the email is originating from a specific email address (not an iPhone X). Otherwise, the behaviour is the same. The body of the email is blank, but if they forward the email, the body of the original email is visible in the forwarded message. Also, if the email is read on an android phone or Windows PC, the body displays correctly.

Content of emails forwarded from iPhone X users do not display on Mac Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.