Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could not connect to Apple Watch

My Apple Watch Series 3 (iOS 4.2) keeps saying “Could Not Connect to Apple Watch” when trying to set-up cellular. But the phone is connected. From the Control Panel I see the green phone icon indicating it’s connected. *I have previously had the Watch connected via cellular, but since cancelled. Additionally, I can’t get the Watch to upgrade to iOS 4.2.3. I’m getting the “Can’t connect to the Internet, unable to verify update” message. I’ve done all the recommended steps. Restart both devices. Unpair and pair. Etc.

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 7:58 AM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2018 8:04 AM in response to stteve

Hi

First update your iPhone to the latest compatible software version:

Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then follow the remaining steps to update your Apple Watch to the latest software:

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you are unable to install the update, then it may help to follow the steps in the second article under the headings "If you need help updating" and/or "If you installed an iOS or watchOS beta or developer seed" as appropriate.

If the issue persists, then it may help to unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch. The software will be updated as part of the process. Again be sure to first update your iPhone to the latest compatible version of iOS:

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Could not connect to Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.