Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automation parameter auto-define

There something that escapes me...

On LPX 10.4 every time that I adjust a plugin parameter with the automation active, automatically the automation track sets itself on that parameter.

Nice. But sometimes I could even not desire this behavior, so letting the track parameter as it is. Is there a way to do it?

Or.... I remember that there was a function key which allowed to set all the track on a same automation parameter. I remembered it was "option", but it doesn't work here.

Any help?

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 10:06 AM

You can switch off the new behavior by choosing Mix > Autoselect Automation Parameter in Read mode.

You can then use the track in touch or latch automation mode to react the same way instead.

You can also use the old Auto-define function, now called Cycle Trough Used Parameters, for cycling through every parameter that is in use. (Command - Y).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 10:06 AM in response to mnstudio

You can switch off the new behavior by choosing Mix > Autoselect Automation Parameter in Read mode.

You can then use the track in touch or latch automation mode to react the same way instead.

You can also use the old Auto-define function, now called Cycle Trough Used Parameters, for cycling through every parameter that is in use. (Command - Y).

Automation parameter auto-define

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.