Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: IPad accounts and passwords

In settings on my IPad, in accounts and passwords, APP and website Passwords, I found a user name "guest@scstemp" with a password of "trialpass". I did not enter this information and no matter which was I try to delete this account, it is quickly restored. Any advice?

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on

Feb 26, 2018 3:14 PM in response to sberman In response to sberman

I am the original owner and there is no website listed where this info can be used. Is it possible that this username and pw can be used for any website, say Amazon, through my Ipad? Really would like to just delete.

My Ipad is about three years old. Not sure if this was not set up as a sample at that time.

Feb 26, 2018 3:14 PM

Reply Helpful

Feb 26, 2018 3:29 PM in response to nomar_buzzard In response to nomar_buzzard

A Google search of "scstemp" leads me to this site:

http://scamcharge.com/c/paypal-scstemp

So it looks like you've been to some scam site at some point. You might consider wiping your iPad clean:

What to do before you sell or give away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that's too drastic (it may well be too drastic), at least do Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data and then clear the offending information from Settings > Accounts & Passwords

Feb 26, 2018 3:29 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: nomar_buzzard

Question: IPad accounts and passwords