Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does an internal liquid sensor get tripped if the external one is fine on an iphone 6??

Took my iphone 6 into the Apple store in Market Mall (Calgary) to get the battery changed. The phone works reasonably well for a 3 year old phone, but the battery issues are getting annoying (slow loads, battery life goes down really fast, sits at 1% for ages, etc.). I waited a few weeks to get the call about the battery coming in When I brought it in they checked the liquid sensor in the sim card slot and it was fine. Came back two hours later and they hadn't changed the battery because a second liquid sensor on the inside had been tripped.

First off, when there has been so much bad press about the shady way apple had been handling the battery degradation problems in older phones, you would think that they would be eager to make customers happy by doing such a small repair regardless of the phone state;

Second, how does an internal liquid sensor get tripped if the external one is fine?? I keep my phone in an otterbox case ALL THE TIME. I have no idea how or when the sensor would/could have gotten tripped.

Third, the only solution offered was to do a full handset swap for $390. I could get a new iphone 8 for WAY less than that rather than swapping out a 6 for another 6. ***

My main QUESTION I guess is whether anyone else has ever experienced having one sensor get tripped but not the other and how does that even happen?

<Edited by Host>

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 2:42 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 26, 2018 5:07 PM in response to xandrisis

Everything you wrote before "my main question" was unnecessary. That being said, the iPhone 6 is an old phone and has zero water resistance. Even with an otterbox case it could have gotten humidity inside the device which may trip the internal sensor and not the external sensor. Never assume an employee at the Apple store is going to behave the way you expect them to or want them to. We are all fellow users and we are trying our best to answer technical questions of sometimes very frustrated people. There is zero way to actually know what happened to your phone without using a way back machine.

Feb 26, 2018 5:13 PM in response to askbarnabas

welafever wrote:

Everything you wrote before "my main question" was unnecessary. That being said, the iPhone 6 is an old phone and has zero water resistance.

I wouldn't say zero, since any case is water resistant to a point even if it isn't built to a water resistant standard. However, they didn't do any kind of intentional sealing like starting with the iPhone 7.

Moisture can always get in, especially if it's humid or a phone is kept in a moist environment (think a sauna).

How does an internal liquid sensor get tripped if the external one is fine on an iphone 6??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.