Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have had my Apple Watch face repaired at a third party tech place as I smashed the face accidentally, I’m being told the Apple Watch 2 isn’t Water proof by them?

After I had the face replaced they failed to tell me that the water proof to 50M was no longer as the had to unseal to replace. I wore my watch in a hot tub like I did several times before the repair and it quite working. They now tell me they won’t replace it for me because the watch is only water resistant, not water proof. I paid them 300 for the face replacement and now they can’t fix the water damage and tell me that I’m on my own. I need verification that this watch is Water proof from Apple.

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 4:16 PM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2018 2:26 AM in response to ryanfromkindersley

Hi

No model of Apple Watch is, or ever has been, waterproof.

Apple advises that Apple Watch Series 2 (and Series 3) models are sufficiently water resistant that they can be used, for example, when shallow water swimming. They should still not, for example, be submerged below shallow depth or exposed to high velocity water.

Note also that Apple specifically advises against:

• Exposing your Apple Watch to dramatic differences in temperature and/or humidity.
  • Using your Apple Watch outside of the recommended operating temperature range.
  • Wearing your Apple Watch in hot or steamy environments such as saunas or steam rooms.

Detailed handling guidance in respect of water exposure for all models, including cleaning and drying instructions, is provided by Apple here:

Be aware that, if you have had your Apple Watch serviced by anyone other than Apple or an Apple Authorised Service Provider, then it may no longer be eligible for service of any kind, including chargeable, out-of-warranty repair service, from Apple.

Note also that you are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

I have had my Apple Watch face repaired at a third party tech place as I smashed the face accidentally, I’m being told the Apple Watch 2 isn’t Water proof by them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.