Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sound effects are not shown anymore in Final Cut Pro X

This problem occurred for several users with FCPX 10.3 but no real solution was found. I got all sound effects in the proper folders /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Final Cut Pro Sound Effects but starting FCPX 10.3.4 does not exhibit any content.

This is on a Desktop Mac with OSX 10.11.6. I might be correlated with El Capitan as with my MacBook with HighSierra the same FCPX version runs fine.

As I am not inclined for a "solution" to update the OS I wonder whether anybody else found a solution in EL Capitan?

Thanks, Helge

Final Cut Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 2:59 AM

9 replies

Feb 27, 2018 8:39 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Yes, same empty media windows. I tried to delete all FPCX prefs files plus Caches.. no improvement😟

The browser windows are empty, the folder selection menu at the upper rights says "No Items". When selecting the iTunes Lib window you can see the "busy wheel" in the middle but nothing ever happens. After installing GarageBand there is a corresponding entry in the selection on the left but again.. no entries...

The console log comes up with several error (or warning?) message like:

27/02/18 17:34:54,330 Final Cut Pro[501]: Could not find image named 'AddToTimeline_Normal'.

27/02/18 17:34:54,581 Final Cut Pro[501]: CGSConnectionByID: 0 is not a valid connection ID.

27/02/18 17:34:54,642 Final Cut Pro[501]: CGSConnectionByID: 0 is not a valid connection ID.

sound effects are not shown anymore in Final Cut Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.