Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ellipses emoji

Hey I got a ellipses (...) emoji and it sends a pre text message anyone know how to edit it ect. I looked at keyboard pre sets. Nothing outside the normal.

Thanks

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 3:30 AM

5 replies

Feb 28, 2018 10:00 AM in response to Dguest259

Hi Dguest259,

I understand that you have an emoji that looks like ellipses, but when you press it, it enters some other text. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

Based on what you've mentioned, check out the text replacements on your iPhone and see if you have this configured there:

How to use Auto-Correction and predictive text on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Set up text replacement

With text replacement, you can use shortcuts to replace longer phrases. When you enter the shortcut in a text field, the phrase automatically replaces it. For example, you could type "GM" and "Good morning" would automatically replace it.

To manage text replacement, tap Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement.

• To add a text replacement, tap User uploaded file, then enter your phrase and shortcut. When you're done, tap Save.
  • To remove a text replacement, tap Edit, tap User uploaded file, then tap Delete. To save your changes, tap Done.

User uploaded file

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Feb 28, 2018 1:27 PM in response to Dguest259

Dguest259,

Thanks for following up with that information and providing the screenshot.

Based on what you've shared, I recommend that you first try removing the emoji keyboard and then adding it again and testing this out:

About the keyboards settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Delete a third-party keyboard

1. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards.
  2. Tap Edit.
  3. Tap User uploaded file, then tap Done.

You can also delete a keyboard by deleting the companion app that you installed from the App Store. This also removes the keyboard from Settings.

If this does not help, reset your iPhone keyboard dictionary:

Reset iPhone settings - iPhone User Guide

Return settings to their defaults. Go to Settings > General > Reset, then choose an option:
Reset Keyboard Dictionary: You add words to the keyboard dictionary by rejecting words iPhone suggests as you type. Resetting the keyboard dictionary erases only the words you’ve added.

Cheers!

Ellipses emoji

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.