Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some photos have wrong orientation after changing from iPhoto to Photos

Hi, I know this has been asked and addressed before, so my apologies for bringing it back up. I'm hoping a new work around has been identified. I noticed that after changing from iPhoto to Photos, some of my pictures that had been correctly oriented had changed to the wrong orientation. Here is a summary of what I've tried so far: 1. If I double click them they open correctly but close in the wrong orientation. 2. I can manually reorient them and they will stay in the correct orientation. 3. I've done a repair of the library. 4. The location of the library is User>Pictures>Photos Library, and "Use as System Photo Library" is greyed out so I can't make changes. 5. I've run disc repair. 6. I really don't want to Control-click all of the photos in the wrong orientation if it can be avoided and then force a rebuild of the thumbnail by first turning it counterclockwise, then back clockwise (or whichever is needed first) as I have over 10K pictures in my collection, so there are a lot that are wonky.

Is there some other solution that is less labor intensive? I can't be the only person out there with this issue and lots of photos.

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 8:00 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Some photos have wrong orientation after changing from iPhoto to Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.