Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove 'unknown login items'?

I'm running 10.12.6 on MacBook Pro 2015. Seems this topic was covered in another post, Can't remove 'unknown login items'?but not enough response to keep it open to discussion. I have only one (1) Unknown. While one answer helped some, it did not help me. I did find, however, that John Gault's response concerning being bound to Active Directory (AD) was the source. I unbound my computer and sure enough the Unknown disappeared. However, upon rebinding, it was there again. Still would like to clean that up, so if any other suggestions how to find that file and remove it. Like User uploaded fileeric from san francisco, I have done what he has done and don't have Spotify or anything else mentioned, except AD.

And I couldn't find the file backgrounditems.btm to try to remove that. I looked in /Users/$your_user/Library/Application Support/com.apple.backgroundtaskmanagementagent/backgrounditems.btm, and dug around in other places in my Library.

It just must be tied to AD and I need to ignore it.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 12:40 PM

It just must be tied to AD and I need to ignore it.

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't remove 'unknown login items'?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.