Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop Automation Data Being Changed via Selected Plugin?

I frequently have automation data showing for my project. In the past, selecting and altering various plugins would not alter the automation data in any way. Now, whenever I move between plugins for a given track, the automation data is automatically displayed.

All of my tracks are in Read mode.

So for example, if I have the auto data for "Volume" selected for a given track, altering that track's Equalizer will display the automation data for Equalizer in the track (even if I haven't altered that data, i.e. it's still a single line). I don't want the displayed automation to be contingent on what plugin I've recently used, I just want it to be based on what I've most recently selected it to be (in most cases, simply "Volume").

How do I fix this? I've never had this problem in the past and I've been a user for 5+ years!

Logic Pro X, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:42 AM

I'm glad you found it helpful. 🙂

Similar questions

3 replies

Stop Automation Data Being Changed via Selected Plugin?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.