Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: can I trust adobe flash player?

I'm trying to design a room on the Ikea website but its telling me that I need to download "adobe flash player" and I get nervous every time I try to download it as my Mac always asks me if I trust downloading something from the internet. should I trust adobe flash player?

MacBook Air, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Only download it from Adobe.com. Adobe Flash Player Download.

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Feb 27, 2018 8:21 PM in response to eleanor20 In response to eleanor20

Nothing wrong with it per se as I trust Adobe. However, Flash is known for being a CPU hog, which is why Apple won't let Flash anywhere near iOS. Occasionally there are security issues, so make sure to keep it up to date with patches.

Feb 27, 2018 8:21 PM

Reply Helpful

Feb 27, 2018 8:24 PM in response to y_p_w In response to y_p_w

I have received popup suggesting download which claim to be from the vendor but on check I have discovered many of them are not. Hence the reason I suggested going to the vendor's website to be sure you don't get a download crammed with malware.

Feb 27, 2018 8:24 PM

Reply Helpful

Feb 27, 2018 8:58 PM in response to Allan Eckert In response to Allan Eckert

Allan Eckert wrote:

I have received popup suggesting download which claim to be from the vendor but on check I have discovered many of them are not. Hence the reason I suggested going to the vendor's website to be sure you don't get a download crammed with malware.

I'd never follow any kind of popup directly. However some legitimate websites will direct to Adobe for the download. I get that there's phishing (since an administrator password may be requested) and malware out there, including sites that install the real thing plus all that malware.

Feb 27, 2018 8:58 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: eleanor20

Question: can I trust adobe flash player?