Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"System" Space usage increases everyday?

I really need help as I am trying to get windows on my 5 weeks old MacBook air I am having trouble with Bootcamp it says I must have 50 GB of space so I cleared almost EVERYTHING on my mac and found that the system is using my storage I don't know if this is apple ripping me off but its very annoying, the next day I found that the "system" used 13 GB more storage! It keeps on growing and growing.

Heres a screenshot

User uploaded file

As you can see only one of my sections is close to reaching 1 GB if anyone could help it would mean a lot to me.

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 10:56 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 28, 2018 4:08 AM in response to thomas.murphy

Before answering your question I would like to ask were are your other 36gb of hard drive storage if that is the 128gb storage option ? It is showing you only have a 86 gb drive space , Macs haven't had that low storage space for many years .This situation is many times due to temp folders writing excessive copies to the drive . You could go through your system and clear out the temps and cache files that are not needed from programs you no longer use or have . My wife's MacBook Pro had the same problem of "other" files taking up substantial amount of space . It was do to a program that wrote constantly temp files that were not needed or deleted even after the program was uninstalled . Have you backed up everything ? If so maybe a clean install of the os may be an option for you . It would freshen the system , rid of any clutter built up in it , and you could partition and install your windows os with out much complications .

"System" Space usage increases everyday?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.